Lodwar Church of the Nazarene
The Church of the Nazarene in Lodwar served as the foundation of our humanitarian and compassionate ministries’ work during one of the worst droughts in Kenyan history. If you have visited the Lodwar Church, you experienced the enthusiasm and passion of the congregation during the drought and immediately following as we began building the Wings of Hope Center. The Church has been intimately involved in the development of the farm and the Wings of Hope Center.
Milestones, Achievements & Impact
- Construction of a modern church building
- Congregation growth from 20 adults to more than 100 adults in regular attendance
- Established 10 preaching points across the Turkana region
- Leadership development under Pastor Charles Oguta
The Church has transformed into a child development center serving more than 60 children. The government is supporting the work of the CDC. Great potential exists for expansion and recruitment of both children and their parents.
Here Is What We Need
- Leadership training and capacity-building for local lay leaders
- Funding in support of:
- The pastor’s salary
- Motorbikes for transportation to the preaching points