Coming off of a successful Scouting in Kenya 2019 trip, Servant Forge is planning a Strategic Planning Leaders Group in February 2020 and the next Scout Crew in February 2021.
Servant Forge looks to create servant leaders within the communities they serve and it is a perfect partnership with BSA and the Kenya Scouting Association (KSA), who seek to develop youth leadership, foster community service, and develop a moral compass.
• To contribute to the development of young people in achieving their full physical, intellectual, social, spiritual, emotional and character potentials as individuals, as responsible citizens and as members of their local, national and international communities.
• To promote the development of the Global Scouting Movement
• Do service for the KSA and learn more about the Scouting Movement in Kenya
• To provide stimulating educational experiences for young people from the US and Kenya
• To create an environment to enhance cultural awareness and understanding of difference and the impact of the cultural and traditional practice on young people’s lives
• To equip adolescent boys and girls with life skills; develop critical thinking and self-confidence, to protect them from exploitation and radicalization
• Create a partnership between the KSA and BSA organizations to create a long-term partnership.
Day 1 – 4 in Nairobi
- Welcome – Orientation
- Camp/Visit at Rowallan Camp
- Visits to Elephant Orphanage and Giraffe Sanctuary
- Visit to Nakuru National Park
Day 5 – 6 Machakos Scout Camp
- Camp at Machakos Scout Reserve – Visit with scouts gathering for Founder’s Day Celebration
- Scout Skills Stations and Activities
- Service Project Opportunity
- Visit Kituluni Hill AKA Kyamwilu Magnetic Hill
- Visit New Scent Centre in Tala – Servant Forge Sponsored Home for Girls near Machakos
Day 7-8 Climb Mount Kenya – Trip to Nyeri trip
- Visit Lord Baden Powell’s grave and memorial at Nyeri for Founder’s Day Celebration with over 10,000 Kenya Scouts and Kenya Leadership
- Visit Baden Powell’s cottage in Kenya called “Paxtu”
- Camping and Day hike to Mount Kenya
Day 9 – 10 Back to Nairobi
- Visit KSA National Scout Store anything we can’t fit in on the front end of the trip.
For this 10 day experience, the cost of the trip will be $1,100 per Scout plus the cost of Airfare. (Flights this time of year run around $800-1,000 round trip – We will lock into a group flight to keep us all traveling together)
- 1st Deposit of $250 will be due on ASAP to Lock in your Spot
- 2nd Deposit of $500 will be due 6 Months prior to the Trip
- Flights will be booked 3-4 months before Trip (Invoices will go out)
- Final Deposit of $350 will be due on one month before the February 2020 or 2021 trip.
- Flight ticket and Final Deposit are non-refundable
Servant Forge Payment Info
Check and Cash can be sent to the Servant Forge Office:
Address: 6526 10th Street, Alexandria, VA 22307
For Electronic Payments Below $750 we prefer PayPal Payments to Servant Forge
Account Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SAI/Servant Forge Kenya