Servant Forge is hosting a group of 25 scouts and scouters (parents) from the Baltimore Area Council of the Boys Scouts of America (BSA) and 4 staff members from Servant Forge – from 15th February 2019 to 24th February 2019 to Kenya.
Servant Forge looks to create servant leaders within the communities they serve and it is a perfect partnership with BSA and the Kenya Scouting Association (KSA), who seek to develop youth leadership, foster community service, and develop a moral compass.
The group of twenty-five will consist of 15 scouts; boys and girls aged 14 years and above, 10 scouters – adult BSA leaders, and 4 Servant Forge Staff (Some US side and some Kenya side).
• To contribute to the development of young people in achieving their full physical, intellectual, social, spiritual, emotional and character potentials as individuals, as responsible citizens and as members of their local, national and international communities.
• To promote the development of Global Scouting Movement
• Do service for the KSA and learn more about the Scouting Movement in Kenya
• To provide stimulating educational experiences for young people from the US and Kenya
• To create an environment to enhance cultural awareness and understanding of difference and the impact of cultural and traditional practice on young people’s lives
• To equip adolescent boys and girls with life skills; develop critical thinking and self-confidence, to protect them from exploitation and radicalization
• Create a partnership between the KSA and BSA organizations to create a long-term partnership.
Day 1 – 4 in Nairobi
- Welcome – Orientation
- Camp at Rowallan Camp
- Visits to Elephant Orphanage or Giraffe Sanctuary
- Visit to Nakuru National Park
Day 5 – 6 Machakos Scout Camp
- Camp at Machakos Scout Reserve – Visit with scouts gathering for Founder’s Day Celebration
- Scout Skills Stations and Activities
- Service Project Opportunity
- Visit New Scent Centre in Tala – Servant Forge Sponsored Orphanage near Machakos
Day 7-8 Climb Mount Kenya – Trip to Nyeri trip
- Visit Lord Baden Powell’s grave and memorial at Nyeri for Founder’s Day Celebration with over 10,000 Kenya Scouts and Kenya Leadership
- Visit Baden Powell’s cottage in Kenya called “Paxtu”
- Camping and Day hike to Mount Kenya
Day 9 – 10 Back to Nairobi
- Visit KSA National Scout Store anything we can’t fit in on the front end of the trip.
For this 10 day experience, the cost of the trip will be $1,100 per Scout plus the cost of Airfare. (Flights this time of year run around $700-900 round trip – We will lock into a group flight to keep us all traveling together)
- 1st Deposit of $250 will be due on March 31, 2018
- 2nd Deposit of $500 will be due on June 31, 2018
- Flights will be booked in Sept 2018 (Invoices will go out)
- Final Deposit of $350 will be due on January 31, 2018
- Flight ticket and Final Deposit are non-refundable
- Travel Insurance will be purchased
Servant Forge Payment Info
Check and Cash can be sent to the Servant Forge Office:
Address: 6526 10th Street, Alexandria, VA 22307
For Electronic Payments Below $750 we prefer PayPal Payments to Servant Forge
Account Email: email@example.com
SAI/Servant Forge Kenya